School's Out For Summer!!
Hey guys! Ok so we are in our 2nd full week of summertime fun while school is out and I'm about to lose my hair! Anyone else with me? Oh, so maybe it's just me. For real, last week we were off to a great start, kids slept in a bit (I work from home part-time), husband still got up and did breakfast, and all the morning whatnot. Kids played on their tablets and with toys pretty well. Tuesday seemed to be about the same as Monday, but Wednesday all the wheels fell off. Fighting started off before I even felt alive enough to deal with it. Coffee wasn't strong enough, my eyes didn't want to open, and my patience was nowhere to be found.
Thankfully the weekend came, but went just as fast! We did hit up the pool on Father's day for a bit before grabbing some Pelicans snowballs! My husband is a great man who works hard; at work, workouts with F3, and especially at being a husband and father! He sacrifices a ton for us and when we asked him what he wanted to do, he chose the pool. Actually, I had promised the kids a pool day and decided Sunday was the day, well before I remember it was Fathers day....oh well! Chad knows he's well loved!
Monday, I decided to make a "Summer Bucket List" and help keep us focused on keeping the summer fun without being babysat with electronics! (I don't have a fancy PDF to show you). I can share though that it's filled with campouts, sleepovers, picnics to the beach, pool days, beach days, park time, a trip to the Fort Fisher Aquarium (we bought a yearly pass), bowling days, trips to the library, star gazing (panicking while trying to find kids in the dark), luckily I make them wear glow in the dark necklaces! I am happy to say it's Tuesday and we've only had an impromptu friend's playdate! But a mom can plan, right? I am great at plans, checklists, packings, keeping everyone well fed and alive! I'm going to work on follow through this summer!
During the summers when it comes to trips, the things summer are made for, we usually head up to my parents for a week. My sister and her family (she had 4 children) live about 3 miles away so it's one big cousin playdates almost every single day with a sleepover or 2! This is one thing that, God willing, will never change! This year in addition to the yearly trip to good ole Greenville SC, we are planning a trip up to Moorehead City to visit the Pine Knoll Shore Aquarium this weekend and a trip up to the Riverbank Zoo in July! We have a few things planned for August as well, but not finalized yet. We'll share more with that in a later post!
In foster care news, we had been praying for a few weeks since our last placement left about our direction on what we are supposed to do. We have decided that switching agencies in our best move. Sometimes you just don't fit well together. What we realized is that our family with the ages we have now (4 1/2 and 9) need to learn that foster care is more than a placement inflicting harm on themselves or others, like lives don't have to flip upside down, and that our biological kids are our first priority, so with all that said we have decided to just stick with babies through age 2. Yes, all kids have their good days and bad days, but more manageable to handle tantrum and blow ups form a 2-year-old than say a kid 8 years old or older. Been there, done that, didn't work for us. So the transfer process takes a bit of time, so the earliest we can be placed us August 1. You better believe I have already started a shopping list on Amazon! :) A little too ahead of myself? No, I don't think so. I mean it's not like I bought anything yet ;)
One last thing before I jump off here. Last night I went to the movies with some friends, haven't done that in a long time. We saw the movie Tag! I highly recommend it! It was great and made me miss the times when I was a kid and played all kinds of games, no wonder I was a bean pole growing up, I was always on the move. Become an adult and "hello I'm Mrs. Blob" lol :D Ok, there's a beautiful looking and sounds summer storm rolling in so, time for a fresh cup of coffee and a book!
Thankfully the weekend came, but went just as fast! We did hit up the pool on Father's day for a bit before grabbing some Pelicans snowballs! My husband is a great man who works hard; at work, workouts with F3, and especially at being a husband and father! He sacrifices a ton for us and when we asked him what he wanted to do, he chose the pool. Actually, I had promised the kids a pool day and decided Sunday was the day, well before I remember it was Fathers day....oh well! Chad knows he's well loved!
Monday, I decided to make a "Summer Bucket List" and help keep us focused on keeping the summer fun without being babysat with electronics! (I don't have a fancy PDF to show you). I can share though that it's filled with campouts, sleepovers, picnics to the beach, pool days, beach days, park time, a trip to the Fort Fisher Aquarium (we bought a yearly pass), bowling days, trips to the library, star gazing (panicking while trying to find kids in the dark), luckily I make them wear glow in the dark necklaces! I am happy to say it's Tuesday and we've only had an impromptu friend's playdate! But a mom can plan, right? I am great at plans, checklists, packings, keeping everyone well fed and alive! I'm going to work on follow through this summer!
During the summers when it comes to trips, the things summer are made for, we usually head up to my parents for a week. My sister and her family (she had 4 children) live about 3 miles away so it's one big cousin playdates almost every single day with a sleepover or 2! This is one thing that, God willing, will never change! This year in addition to the yearly trip to good ole Greenville SC, we are planning a trip up to Moorehead City to visit the Pine Knoll Shore Aquarium this weekend and a trip up to the Riverbank Zoo in July! We have a few things planned for August as well, but not finalized yet. We'll share more with that in a later post!
In foster care news, we had been praying for a few weeks since our last placement left about our direction on what we are supposed to do. We have decided that switching agencies in our best move. Sometimes you just don't fit well together. What we realized is that our family with the ages we have now (4 1/2 and 9) need to learn that foster care is more than a placement inflicting harm on themselves or others, like lives don't have to flip upside down, and that our biological kids are our first priority, so with all that said we have decided to just stick with babies through age 2. Yes, all kids have their good days and bad days, but more manageable to handle tantrum and blow ups form a 2-year-old than say a kid 8 years old or older. Been there, done that, didn't work for us. So the transfer process takes a bit of time, so the earliest we can be placed us August 1. You better believe I have already started a shopping list on Amazon! :) A little too ahead of myself? No, I don't think so. I mean it's not like I bought anything yet ;)
One last thing before I jump off here. Last night I went to the movies with some friends, haven't done that in a long time. We saw the movie Tag! I highly recommend it! It was great and made me miss the times when I was a kid and played all kinds of games, no wonder I was a bean pole growing up, I was always on the move. Become an adult and "hello I'm Mrs. Blob" lol :D Ok, there's a beautiful looking and sounds summer storm rolling in so, time for a fresh cup of coffee and a book!
Comments
Post a Comment