Change Always Happens In The New Year
Generally speaking I love the new year. It is a time to reflect on the person I was, things I did, the way I acted, and so on. I look forward to changing things that I see would be an improvement. I know that I can actually change anytime, but the new year seems to be a run start, right? I mean it's a good time to write down the wishes (thanks to my pastor with that word), we would like to see change, but know that without some perseverance, persistence, patience, and a whole lot of Jesus, things might now get done.
This start of the year was a whole lot of up and down. We lost one of our furry family members just shy of her 3rd birthday. She was my daughters birthday present, but ended up being my sons best friend! They played all the time, got into trouble together, stole snacks together, took naps, anything you can think of that was them. Dig holes, chase sticks, sometimes ever chew on sticks. Losing a pet out of the blue was hard. The kids didn't want to play anywhere. They refused to go outside. My daughter called the yard meaningless without Luna, we called her Lu (pictured below). So, this mama needed to change some things. I began searching for a new pup to add to the family. I know some will say, wow you didn't wait long to replace a pet. Well, good thing I didn't replace her! I did want a mama with hurting children did. I helped us all grieve the loss of Lu by bringing a new life and new energy into the home. We added a black lab named Rezin (see below).
Rezin is full of energy and a whole lot of personality. We have all at some point held him and cried remembering Lu and making new memories with this little fella. Our other dog also helped to grieve, although she did give us this evil eye the day we brought him home. By day 2 they were snuggled up together. He barks when he's hungry, pees on the floor, steals shoes, socks, towels, or rather just about anything he can snag fast. He currently sleeps in our bed, he's a snuggler so I don't mind. Funny story from today. He was eating in the kitchen and the littlest foster was sitting there watching him. He reached out his fingers and Rezin picks up his bowl and walks to another room to finish his lunch. It was quite hilarious to water. Life has a way of working out even in the midst of heartache and sadness.
Other updates, we are still fostering the two little boys. One is settling into a good rhythm and the other just lives to eat. Most days are mentally exhausting but we are managing. Praying for some breakthroughs with him this week. Shared parenting and visitations are going well. Our family is fun as a group of 6, but at the end of the day I know we are done permanently adding to our family. Unless God says otherwise.
I quit my job almost a month ago and it has been very freeing in some ways and stressful in others. Money will always be in the back of my mind, but not having to worry about that right now. I finished up Real Estate school but didn't pass. I'll give it another go later this spring. With all the free time I have, haha not really. I have 4 kids, homeschool 1, have 2 dogs (one is a puppy), drive all over creation for visitations, after school activities, I don't really have extra time, but when I do I've been following a fellow blogger, Lisa at Farmhouse On Boone, and she's awesome, in my opinion. Check her out when you have some time! Maybe you will like her, maybe you won't, either way just click here!
Nap time is over and kids are asking for food. Gotta run for now, but thanks for following along in our journey all while staying afloat!\
This start of the year was a whole lot of up and down. We lost one of our furry family members just shy of her 3rd birthday. She was my daughters birthday present, but ended up being my sons best friend! They played all the time, got into trouble together, stole snacks together, took naps, anything you can think of that was them. Dig holes, chase sticks, sometimes ever chew on sticks. Losing a pet out of the blue was hard. The kids didn't want to play anywhere. They refused to go outside. My daughter called the yard meaningless without Luna, we called her Lu (pictured below). So, this mama needed to change some things. I began searching for a new pup to add to the family. I know some will say, wow you didn't wait long to replace a pet. Well, good thing I didn't replace her! I did want a mama with hurting children did. I helped us all grieve the loss of Lu by bringing a new life and new energy into the home. We added a black lab named Rezin (see below).
Rezin is full of energy and a whole lot of personality. We have all at some point held him and cried remembering Lu and making new memories with this little fella. Our other dog also helped to grieve, although she did give us this evil eye the day we brought him home. By day 2 they were snuggled up together. He barks when he's hungry, pees on the floor, steals shoes, socks, towels, or rather just about anything he can snag fast. He currently sleeps in our bed, he's a snuggler so I don't mind. Funny story from today. He was eating in the kitchen and the littlest foster was sitting there watching him. He reached out his fingers and Rezin picks up his bowl and walks to another room to finish his lunch. It was quite hilarious to water. Life has a way of working out even in the midst of heartache and sadness.
Other updates, we are still fostering the two little boys. One is settling into a good rhythm and the other just lives to eat. Most days are mentally exhausting but we are managing. Praying for some breakthroughs with him this week. Shared parenting and visitations are going well. Our family is fun as a group of 6, but at the end of the day I know we are done permanently adding to our family. Unless God says otherwise.
I quit my job almost a month ago and it has been very freeing in some ways and stressful in others. Money will always be in the back of my mind, but not having to worry about that right now. I finished up Real Estate school but didn't pass. I'll give it another go later this spring. With all the free time I have, haha not really. I have 4 kids, homeschool 1, have 2 dogs (one is a puppy), drive all over creation for visitations, after school activities, I don't really have extra time, but when I do I've been following a fellow blogger, Lisa at Farmhouse On Boone, and she's awesome, in my opinion. Check her out when you have some time! Maybe you will like her, maybe you won't, either way just click here!
Nap time is over and kids are asking for food. Gotta run for now, but thanks for following along in our journey all while staying afloat!\
Comments
Post a Comment