The Call

     It's been a few days so I figured I should update you! Ok so this week is Spring Break for our kids and we had been planning on doing some traveling. Well as you would have it, sickness with fevers kept us hostage in our house since Friday.  Luckily it's nothing serious, but it's enough to have us cancel plans. We were all super upset. My oldest said, "this is the worst day of my life!" Girl, I hate to break it to you, but if this is the worst day ever, then your life is going to give you a run for your money! Did I say that to her?! No, of course not, I said I know it's disappointing but plans change and we sometimes don't understand it.
     Fast forward to Tuesday afternoon. I had just finished working when the phone rang. Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal, but for us waiting for "The Call" this was big. I took a deep breath and called back. Ok, I actually didn't hear it ring :) Something about keeping my phone on silent...I don't know.  Anyways, I called back and tried really hard to remain calm. That wasn't happening. We are told "Congratulations, you have been approved!!!" A normal not hyper voice was no were in sight. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning! We talked for a bit and was told that we can get a call any day now for a placement. Oh great, more waiting, I thought.
    Ok, now I was really feeling the stress! My husband was great, he's the type that's like "hey, we still might not get placed for a while",  all the while I am like "Yeah, or we could get a call right now" (staring at my phone).  Well, that day come and went and Wednesday is here. I get a text about mid-morning about in regards to a possible placement! The social worker called a few hours later and we talked for a long while.  We agreed on arrival day being Friday.  If I thought I was nesting before, HAHA, this was nothing like it!
    My husband and I sat down and made a punch list of things to accomplish before Friday. There might have been some excessive things on the list, but I needed this to be perfect. What if they didn't like us, like our home. It made me question myself as a parent. Was I going to be good enough for this? God reassured me that I was not just going to be good enough, but that I was more than enough for it. He placed this path in our hearts, so He wasn't going to let us drown. I mean our last name is Bowie (pronounced like the thing that floats in the water, not David Bowie the singer). We were made to float.  We were going to be just fine.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has Anyone Seen April?

Rubber Bands Are Meant To Stretch, Not Break!