Gods Plans Are Better Than Our Own
Have you ever sat down and planned out how your life would go? I think at some point we all did that when we were kids. We planned out what our spouse would look like, how many kids we would have, how big or little our house would be. Whether or not we would have a white picket fence or not. Maybe you didn't go that far or in that direction. Maybe you dreamed of what your job would look like, how successful you would be? As we grew up and went to school we can pick somethings that would happen, right? What you wanted to do for your career, where you wanted to live, whether or not you really wanted to get married or even have children.
God gives us free will to choose what ever path in life we want. What if we chose to follow Him 100%? Be all in for God? What would that look like? Would you be where you are? Obviously you can't take back the children you had, but no matter where you are in life you can choose that. You can choose to follow God, make him your pilot, make Him the first person you turn to. Not your girlfriends or you best friends, but God. Put Him first in all aspects of your life. I for one do not do that, not because I don't want to, but because I hadn't done that for my whole life. It feels awkward, strange, and foreign. We've gotten accustomed to going to Him when we need something, to thank Him for our food, or ask Him to work something in our favor. May it be a new job, some extra money, a guy or girl to notice us. What if we went to Him for all the things?
I googled "All In For God", and came across this from NewSpring Church.
God gives us free will to choose what ever path in life we want. What if we chose to follow Him 100%? Be all in for God? What would that look like? Would you be where you are? Obviously you can't take back the children you had, but no matter where you are in life you can choose that. You can choose to follow God, make him your pilot, make Him the first person you turn to. Not your girlfriends or you best friends, but God. Put Him first in all aspects of your life. I for one do not do that, not because I don't want to, but because I hadn't done that for my whole life. It feels awkward, strange, and foreign. We've gotten accustomed to going to Him when we need something, to thank Him for our food, or ask Him to work something in our favor. May it be a new job, some extra money, a guy or girl to notice us. What if we went to Him for all the things?
I googled "All In For God", and came across this from NewSpring Church.
"A life fully surrendered to God is a life of taking next steps, no matter what the cost. Barnabas was able to go all-in because he understood that Jesus went all-in for him. Jesus held nothing back; He bet His life against sin and death and He won! Our God is an all-in God, and He has called and empowered us to be all-in people."
"A life fully surrendered to God is a life of taking next steps, no matter what the cost"
Those two quotes stuck out to me the most. I understand Jesus went all-in for me too, but am I willing to go all-in for Him too? In my heart I say yes, not matter what the cost is, but my flesh is like "whoa, lets' talk about this for a minute. You have kids and a husband. What if no matter what the costs meant death? You would leave them all behind." So then I begin to doubt myself. How all-in am I really willing to go? Well if we really break it down in the end we are all going to die. So why not die in something you believe in. I'm not saying being a Christian means instant death, do don't misunderstand me. All-in could mean that you step up and start serving in your church, step up and become a Life Group leader. On a smaller scale it could be you asking for God to lead you to the new job or new school. All-in, to me, mean letting Him be the pilot, not the co-pilot. He's not my get outta jail bail card. He's my you lead I will follow. Proverbs 26:11 (ESV) says "like a dog that return to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly". I don't want to be like the dog anymore, who keeps going back to the same thing over and over. I want to drop it and run the other direction. Matthew 8: 23-27 talks about Jesus calming the storm. Jesus and the disciples got in the boat and without warning this crazy storm came out of nowhere crashing wave and wave over the boat. Jesus was sleeping and the disciples were frantic and went to Jesus to wake him up saying "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!". He replied "You of little faith, why are you so afraid? He then got up rebuked the wind and waves and all was calm. The disciples were amazed and asked "what kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!" That last verse sat heavy with me. Who is this man that even the wind and waves obey him. Who am I that I disobey him? Why, as a human I tend to disobey God when the wind and waves can obey? I choose to obey Him, because His plans are far greater than I could ever plan for myself. I choose to go All-in with Him, because He is who I choose to follow.
Comments
Post a Comment